php date help

phporcaffeine

I need to be able to tell the next day, no matter what the current day is.  I am having trouble when it comes to the ends of the month.

<?php

$day = date("j") + 86400;

echo "Tomorrow is: " . date("m/") . $day . "/" . date("Y");

// this works fine until you encounter the 30th or 31st of a month, how do I account for that?

?>

-TIA

[quote author=pedrobcabral link=topic=110474.msg446631#msg446631 date=1159967276]
My ignorance made me do a code like to cal_days_in_month.. see if it was december blablabla, just to achieve a thing as simple as that!
[/quote]

hehe... we've all been there, [b]believe[/b] me... that's why this board is here: to help learn new techniques ;)

If you want to go one day more for the present then you ho that way.
Imagine now you want to go one day more, but not from the present day.

I'm trying somethings but I'm not suceding.. i've this one now: date('20-01-1986',strtotime("tomorrow"));
Do you know what's the problem here to have in the output: 21-01-1982?

keep in mind the arguments that date requires. the first argument is your [b]format[/b] and the second is a [b]UNIX timestamp[/b]. so, strtotime gets that timestamp for you:
[code]
<?php
$date = "1986-01-20";
echo date('m/j/Y', strtotime("$date +1 day"));
?>
[/code]

read up on the [url=http://www.php.net/strtotime]strtotime()[/url] and [url=http://www.php.net/date]date()[/url] pages in the manual to get a better feel for what is and is not readable to them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.