PMs Enabled

Just an annoucement that PMs have been enabled once again.  There is still a status group called "n00bie" that does not have the ability to SEND PMs... but that's just the way it is.  Once you reach the group "NonSpammer" or anything above that, you will be able to send and recieve PMs.

I would ask that no member abuse the system this time.  If so, that member will be ban instead of turning off the system again. Also note that each indivual (SP?) can lose his/her ability to send PMs.  Carbon Copies and more than 1 reciever has been turned off, to make it harder for spammers.

If you get any spam please email ober or i at:

ron.steelman@phpfreaks.com
ober@phpfreaks.com

Be sure to include the message and who sent it.

:D i had to check my 'status/user level' before i found this, as i thought i'd been promoted haha
definitely a good idea. from time to time, there's always a legitimate reason for sending PM's - be it alerting someone about a major security problem on their site if youre feeling generous, asking a question directly to someone that would otherwise be a waste of a topic, or otherwise. lets hope it doesnt get abused again...

cheers

[quote author=ober link=topic=110476.msg446809#msg446809 date=1159986818]
If I knew where to disable it, I would.  I don't believe that is an option, but you're more than welcome to test it by sending me a PM with me as the BCC recipient as well.
[/quote]

Ahh, you cant: [quote]You may not send personal messages to more than 1 recipient(s) at once.[/quote]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.