MYSQL Installation & PHP Configuration

AnilPujara

I have downloaded the RPMs for mySQL client & server. PHP & Apache has already been installed & tested and works fine.

After I install mySQL, I test the server by creating and selecting some data from the databases through command line.

I try to run a php script that will access the database and select some statements and insert some data, however access to the database does not work. I get no errors on the PHP page, and I am positivce that there are no syntax errors in the php/sql statements.

There seems to be a problem with the php/mysql setup, that mySQL isn\'t properly configured with php.

I took a look at php configuration file in /etc/php.ini and try to edit the mySQL portion to have the correct parameters, however still I am not able to run the script.

I wrote a simple script that will load phpinfo(); however I am not sure where it is supposed to say whether mySQL is supported or what not?

What should I do?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.