CSS Positioning Help with a gallery

renegade44

here is the link to a site im currently working on:Company DeSapio Properties

On the gallery that is there, I am trying to pull the thumbnails up and position them to the left. I thought it would be easy, but the styles are all in line and im having a hard time figuring out how to "catch hold" of these elements. maybe another set of eyes would help. Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks! Glen

and the link is??  ::) you did't provided one.

anyway without even seeing it I am pretty sure you need to wrap the objects up in a div give that div a id and float all images in that div to left, give the images a little padding and maybe even some margin right and botttom?

Am i right? ::)

You need to enclose your link. Link here

anyway without even seeing it I am pretty sure you need to wrap the objects up in a div give that div a id and float all images in that div to left, give the images a little padding and maybe even some margin right and botttom?

Am i right? ::)

Hmmmmmmmm..Seems I've heard that advice before. Am I right?  ;)

p.s. Yes, he is right. Works like a charm.

I just looked at you website, but it looks okay to me. If your problem is not fixed could you be more precise, what page what image where you want them. right now i see 1 little and a big one that is able to slide but that's javascript.

Let me know, maybe even draw it.

The issue is that only 1 thumbnail is showing up. I was able to get the thumbnail to the side, for some reason anything after it doesnt show up. If you cycle through the slideshow, you can see the other images there, and if you go to firebug, you can go to and high-lite the other image, but its not there. Do you have any idea why it isnt showing up?

I just looked at you website, but it looks okay to me. If your problem is not fixed could you be more precise, what page what image where you want them. right now i see 1 little and a big one that is able to slide but that's javascript. <------- (this is the css forum)

Let me know, maybe even draw it.

I never quoted myself but this time it's perfect.

how do you figure its a javascript problem?Its not, its a css issue.

The issue now is the random positioning thats happening to the thumbnails. I got the thumbnails working by adding overflow:visible to the filmstrip div, this worked to get the 4 images to show up, but now I have other things going on.

well, first of all i recon it's javascript, because you are talking about random. css does not do anything at random, javascript can.

Besides that the excessive use of inline style is a good indication, that something is giving style to elements other than a external stylesheet.

Now you changed the code(right?), because now i see 4 images on: http://www.desapioproperties.com.php5-18.dfw1-2.websitetestlink.com/company/

when i press on forward or backward (another indication that  this is about javascript, because the site changes when I press buttons but not refreshing.....). If i disable javascript no content is shown at all.

At the moment i see 4 little images shown over your left column.

Caused by the following: inline style (likely generated by javascript)

element.style {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    height: 73px;
    left: -181px;
    list-style: none outside none;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    width: 2172px;
    z-index: 900;
}

Now if you would set left to 0 it would be nicely aligned. And no that is not in your style sheets, and if you would it would simple be overwritten by the inline style, generated by javascript. (jquery). and this:

but now I have other things going on
you can solve that riddle your self because no one here will understand what you mean with that. If you have a problem isolate it, and describe it in a manner so that others know what you are talking about.

well, first of all i recon it's javascript, because you are talking about random. css does not do anything at random, javascript can.

Besides that the excessive use of inline style is a good indication, that something is giving style to elements other than a external stylesheet.

Now you changed the code(right?), because now i see 4 images on: http://www.desapioproperties.com.php5-18.dfw1-2.websitetestlink.com/company/

when i press on forward or backward (another indication that  this is about javascript, because the site changes when I press buttons but not refreshing.....). If i disable javascript no content is shown at all.

At the moment i see 4 little images shown over your left column.

Caused by the following: inline style (likely generated by javascript)

element.style {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    height: 73px;
    left: -181px;
    list-style: none outside none;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    width: 2172px;
    z-index: 900;
}

Now if you would set left to 0 it would be nicely aligned. And no that is not in your style sheets, and if you would it would simple be overwritten by the inline style, generated by javascript. (jquery). and this:

but now I have other things going on
you can solve that riddle your self because no one here will understand what you mean with that. If you have a problem isolate it, and describe it in a manner so that others know what you are talking about.

ok thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.