Apache wont read my php even after configured

Jtech

After installing apache 2 and then installing php 5 i configured apache to read php but it wont .....

i even used to command-line promt to check it and it works... its just that apache wont display the php ......

HELP...... ???

What operating system are you using and what instructions did you follow? What exact versions of Apache2 and PHP5 are you using? Remember, there have been a LOT of compatibility issues between Apache2.2 and PHP5 - its best if you download Apache 2.0.59 (or the latest apache 2.0.x) when setting up XAMP.

I am running on Window xp home edition, and am using ....apache_2.2.3-win32-x86-no_ssl, and php-5.1.6-Win32 .

The instructions i was given... was from a book "o'Reilly """""

abut i didnt get the wright apache or php cause couldnt find the ones it referred too ...

these are the ones it said to get ....

Apache 2.0.5 win32 binary and the latest php which i think that is soo i did get the wright php

No... you are using Apache 2.2.x. That is NOT the right apache to install. Go to the apache website and download Apache 2.0.x. Some users have had success with 2.2, but you need some extra files and instructions from 3rd parties. Your best bet is to wipe your system clean of the installations and try again using the appropriate builds.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.