Can't log out of phpMyAdmin

sisom

Hi, I've installed phpMyAdmin into a subfolder on a client's server, and set up the folder with an .htaccess password. I did this about four or five months ago, and have forgotten if I did anything else when I set it up. The server contains six or seven different databases, some for e-commerce sites that are on the server, some for Trellis Desk and Livezilla, for various sites that are hosted on that server.

When I go to www.mydomain.com/phpMyAdmin, I get the .htaccess password popup, enter the details, and then I'm in phpMyAdmin, but I can only see the database for the e-commerce site, which is at www.mydomain.com.

I presume I have to log out somehow (I didn't have to actually log into phpMyAdmin, I only had to enter the username and password to get past the .htaccess popup window), but I can't find any way to do it. There is no 'exit' button, no 'log out' button, nothing. I would like to be able to access all of the databases that I've set up on the server (which I did the hard way, using the command line! I presume phpMyAdmin will let me set up databases much more easily).

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Edit: I've just installed phpMyAdmin to a different folder on the server, (without an .htaccess password this time, but I'll fix that soon), and this time it provided me with a log in page for phpMyAdmin, so I entered the username and password of the MySQL database I wanted to edit, and it worked, and this time there IS an 'exit' button, five buttons in total in the top left. In the other installation of it, there are only four buttons. No wonder nobody else has ever asked this question! Obviously something must have gone wrong when I FTPed the files the last time? Or did I not set up the config file correctly?

Edit yet again: I've just examined the old phpMyAdmin folder and looked at the config file, I see what I did (it was five months ago, and I'd completely forgotten about it) - I did set up the config file, with the database username and password for the specific site I was looking at.

i.e.

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user']='mysqlusername'; // your database username

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password']='password'; // your database user's password

Mods: this thread can be deleted if you think it's more of a hindrance than a help!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.