checkboxes behaving badly

appeland

Hello,
this is my first post in the JavaScript Forum, hope someone can help me.
I have written a webmail client that integrates with the popular Mambo/Joomla CMS.
On the INBOX view there are checkboxes for each listed email to enable users to do certain operations that can be choosen with a select box.

That select box is disbled by default and only if one or more checkboxes are ticket will it become active.
That works fine in Firefox, but in IE ::) it behaves very funny, to enable the select box
you have to tick at least two of the checkboxes, one is not enough. However, if one IS ticked and you klick into the select box it becomes active ???

To see that happening live goto [url=http://dev.jennyandandi.net]http://dev.jennyandandi.net [/url] and use the DEMO LOGIN button, you will be taken to the inbox view where you see the checkboxes and the disabled "I want to" select box.

The little bit of javascript on each tickbox is :
onchange="enable(action_choice);"
a sample checkbox looks like this:
[code]<input type="checkbox" name="delete_msg[194]" onchange="enable(action_choice);" />[/code]
and the select tag looks like this:
[code]<select class='inputbox' name="action_choice" OnChange="submit('action_choice')" disabled style="background-color:white">[/code]

All help is very, much appreciated.
Thansk & Regards,
Andi

[quote author=appeland link=topic=110566.msg447809#msg447809 date=1160122556]
Hmm, that's it, no further coding, just what's in the onchange event.
[/quote]
Perhaps I wasn't clear... what does the enable() function actually do?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.