PHP Code Help Needed

dual_alliance

Hello,

l attempted to make a code which would run via CRON once a day that made it so it -1 from anyone who has been banned.  However after trying it didn't work... and l deleted the code by mistake.  But could someone please show me how to make the code that will update the banned days column and subtract 1 from any user that is their?

Thankyou,

dual_alliance

[b]Edit: [/b] Found the code of my hd, see bottom of page for it except it doesnt work.

okay if you already know your query string then just do a simple connection and query script:

[code]
<?php
  $conn = mysql_connect('localhost','username','password');
  $db = mysql_select_db('dbname',$conn);
  $sql = "query string here";
  $result = mysql_query($sql, $conn);
?>
[/code]

that's a barebones version.  dunno if you wanna throw in some error trapping/logging or whatever. Anyways. just make a file called blah.php or whatever and point your cron job to it.

edit: p.s.- I guess this belongs in the php forums after all ;D

Hey l found backup of the code after searching my hole hd ;D, well heres what l had...

[code=php:0]<?php
require_once('settings.php');
// Connect to the database
@mysql_connect("$dbhost", "$dbusername", "$dbpassword") or die ('Cannot connect to MySQL database');
@mysql_select_db("$dbname") or die ('Cannot select database');

$i = 1;
$sql = "SELECT `ban.days` FROM `banned` WHERE `ban.days` >= '$i' ";
$result = mysql_query($sql) or die("Problem with the query: $sql <br>" . mysql_error());
$row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result);
$i2 = $row['ban.days'];
$ri = $i2 - $i;
$sql1 = "UPDATE `banned` SET `ban.days` = '$i2 - 1'  WHERE `ban.days`= '$i2' ";
$result1 = mysql_query($sql1) or die(mysql_error());
?>[/code]

Maybe this gives you more of an idea of what l am trying to do.