Taking a PHP page from a website

JamieLee2k

There is a website that I know of that uses PHP to display some webpages and I was looking to get a few of them but since they are displayed as a webpage and not a .php file in the url I have no way of accessing the file to download, can anyone tell me if there is a way to somehow download the webpage as a .php in which it is on the server?

Thanks
JamieLee2k

[quote author=JamieLee2k link=topic=110583.msg447194#msg447194 date=1160060567]can anyone tell me if there is a way to somehow download the webpage as a .php in which it is on the server?[/quote]

So you want to get the source code of the PHP script!? If so, ask the webmaster to hand it to you - fortunately there is no other way.

Welcome to the forums.

The only way to really do what you're after is:

1) Contact the webmaster and ask for the file to be sent to you
2) If the files are publicly accessable, write a script that will get the content of the file and output it to the screen or save it to a file for you.

Either way, you've got to have permission from the server it is residing on to get at the file contents. That's the beauty of PHP: without server access, I can keep my code to myself.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.