project management system(personal management system)

Ninjakreborn

I was thinking of building this, but because of my project load, I am a little busy lately.  I decided I could probably find a third party program for this, that is a lot more advanced than anything I could build within a few months.  I had some ideas if I build a custom one, but I am trying to get one with really advanced functionality, possibly one that would have taken anywhere near 6 months to build.  I am building as an extension for my website, so something like a forum, pricing engine, cms system(3rd party), shopping system(3rd party).  Most of the time I try to do custom programming, but when it comes to this, I want something huge, well something big, but something opensource, and free.  Something I can install on my server, and configure the way I want, tehy have free open source forum's I have permanently chosen smf(simple machines), and for shopping carts, I don't know wether I am custom programming those or not.  So for now I decided for this system I want to get a third party open source system, does anyone know of a goodone.
I need to be able to
keep personal log's.
I am wanting to be able to do a lot with this, keep track of current projects, finished projects, project information from it, and numerous other things.
I am wanting to do a lot.  As well as being able to take my emails, and save log's of them into the system, but mostly just a basic project management system, and a personal manager built in or something, if basecamp was free, and I could put it on my server, that would be almost what I want, but I don't think it has to be that powerful.

If I can't find something in a few weeks, I might start building one in my spare time, if I don't find something to fit my needs, but I am starting to understand the idea behind programming.  You build something custom when you need something custom, but most of the time I need a shopping cart system, one already has what I need, with the campus source website I built it had to be custom because of the nature of the websit.e  Let me know if anyone knows of a good project management system, with a personal management system built in, or something similar????

I might have to buidl my own, there is something I am looking for specifically.  THose are nowhere near anything I would need, right now I am looking for something I can install to my server.  If I can't find something I will have no choice but to build it myself this tiem, I was looking for something quick, phpprojekt or something I have been looking at, but I am not sure, it seems to be clsoe to what I need, but I have to keep looking, if anyone knows of something let me know.

activecollab
That is all I need to say, after 8 hours of straight studying, and looking, see with all my projects I didn't have time, but I was going to program one.
That had everything I needed it's in version 0.7, and they are about to go to version 1.0 it already has everything I need, and they are about to add any more, that was everything I will ever need to manage my projects.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.