if statement

fife

I have a simple if statment issue.  Here is the code

<?php 
		$address = $User['address_l1'];

if (empty($address)) { echo "You have not entered an address";} 
				else {echo "You Have entered an address";}
		?>

The variable $address in this case is not empty so it should echo you HAVE entered an address but its echoing NOT.  Can somebody please explain why this is not working?

@maq - I think he was talking about the code in your signature.

Oh, haha.

maq is that debug code.  I have never used any can you show me where to put it please?

Yes it is.  These two lines temporarily set error reporting to display and to the maximum.

maq is that debug code.  I have never used any can you show me where to put it please?

Yes it is.  These two lines temporarily set error reporting to display and to the maximum.

And to clarify, the error reporting code should be placed at the beginning of the script. Or at least above the part you're trying to test.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.