Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eric1235711

Front x Back x Batch

Witch programming do you prefer?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Witch programming do you prefer?

• Front (gaphic interfaces and such)
    • Back (functions, classes and such)
    • Batch stuff
    • Other

I answered 'Back (functions, classes and such)', although to this day, regardless of the language I use, I cannot explain why. Maybe its the same mentality that makes some kids want to watch TV, and others want to take the TV to pieces to look inside and see how it works.

Back... it's way more interesting to see data pop-up all formatted and pretty or watch a login happen before your eyes.

I voted for front [i]and[/i] back.  When I've being doing back end stuff for hours/days I really would prefer to push a few pixels around without syntax errors; when I'm out of decent ideas about how to make some impossible colour combination look half-decent or the CSS just refuses to behave, I really would prefer to be using logic and performing behind-the-scenes wizardry.

This poll sucks. There's no "both" option, plus it's already been done recently.

[quote author=448191 link=topic=110620.msg457354#msg457354 date=1161780786]
This poll sucks. There's no "both" option, plus it's already been done recently.
[/quote]

Actually, since it's checkboxes, all you have to do is select both :P

I also voted front [i]and[/i] back since the question was about programming, not design. I'm not the greatest at graphics and actual design, however, all the front-end coding with Javascript and/or ActionScript, I have been using a lot recently in addition to my work with PHP (and now some perl).

Never mind, I'm tripping. It already read and voted in this poll, it's the same poll I though I voted in before. I read Andy's post and realized.

I chose back mainly cause I suck at making stuff look good... I can make stuff look neat, just not appealing (well, they're one in the same to me but not to most people)...

I'm voting both. I'm fairly decent with graphics, XHTML, and CSS, while at the same time being able to use PHP well.

I voted back.
I do quite an amount of front-end programming and design, because of freelancing but I always like the back-end heavy projects.

usually back end is hard.. but front end is hard too.  hehehehe lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.