PHPMyAdmin Help

jamesjmann

Okay, this is really aggravating me. I just download WAMP2 and everything has been working fine up until when I try to change the privileges in PHPMyAdmin. I click the "privileges" tab in PHPMyAdmin, and change the password, and it says it was successful, but when I refresh the privileges page, it comes up with this error:

Error

MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

I uninstalled WAMP2 and deleted everything, then reinstalled everything, but it's still doing this. What do I do?

I'm not a WAMP2 user...but do you have your PHPMYADMIN's config.inc.php set up?

I've read around, and apparently you don't need to edit config.inc.php in order to set a password for "root@localhost". Is it required to edit config.inc.php for any other purposes, though? Cuz I already tried giving that file the same password I used when setting one in the "priveleges" tab, but I still got the same error message. Then I tried creating a directory called "config" in the phpmyadmin folder under the apps folder, and then copied that file there. And if you do that, apparently you can edit the settings in that file through the browser, but it didn't help me fix the problem. It showed a list of options and stuff for setting up or configuring a new server, but other than that...

Does anyone know what the problem might be? I honestly can't be the only one to experience this problem with WAMP2. I run it on 64X bit windows 7 home premium. Anyone got any answers? Please?

Sounds like you need to set the mysql server root password.

He just set a new password.

Well I had a quick peek into the matter, and it seems like you need to rewrite a part of your config.inc.php file. This file can be found in the following folder : wamp/apps/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php

Mine looks like:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = true;

And obviously  you'll need to adept the following line matching your new password.

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'newPassword';

So did you have the issue figured out?

If not...here's more info for you...

On the initial setup of PhpMyAdmin password is not required to access it, but when you do setup a password, you shall be able to see a login page by accessing your PhpMyAdmin, if you don't see this page...it's likely there's something wrong with your config.inc.php setting, and the config.inc.php file should be located in your phpMyAdmin directory.

I'm not familiar with WAMP2, but what's your PhpMyAdmin and MySQL version? I can't remember exactly it's PhpMyAdmin or MySQL to blame, but with some older version of the either of them, you will have a to do an Old Password trick to the MySQL command line client somehow...it's also something to look into...

Hope these would help!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.