View Unaswered

[quote author=Crayon Violent link=topic=110622.msg447536#msg447536 date=1160083422]
i usually just scroll down the list looking for the ones with 0 replies.  Or by "unanswered" do you mean nobody has responded yet (0 replies) or yet-to-be-solved?  cuz if it's the 2nd, then our solved button would be better to have.
[/quote]

I was thinking the same.  If it's the latter then you need a solved featured.

[quote author=Crayon Violent link=topic=110622.msg447548#msg447548 date=1160084785]
and if it's the first...well in the forum index just click on the "replies" column to re-sort the posts based on replies. It will show the 0 replies first.
[/quote]

The problem with this method is that you don't actually get them in any date order then... I want to see the posts with 0 replies, but ordered by date, so I can reply to the most recent ones and work backwards.

Regards
Huggie

in order to do that the search is gonna have to be extended to allow you to enter a time limit on the sorting by posts.  if you click on the sort by replies,  you will notice that it does in fact show all the 0 replies first.  the problem is not that since there is no time limit on it, it shows all 0 replies in the database or maybe there's some limit on the query itself already.  I think the earliest 0 reply thread is from like febuary i think.  So you have to scroll down until you reach the 0 replies within the time frame you desire.

I admit that that's not quite exactly the same thing, but it's the closest you're gonna get.  Yes I realize that making an option to query 0 replied posts since your last visit and then adding a button somewhere would be really easy.  But once again, we (ober and steelman) aren't gonna go and hack the board, because then everytime they upgrade to a new release, they are gonna have to go back and rehack it all over again.  Just one hack doesn't sound [i]too[/i] inconvenient, but you have to consider that that's not the only thing around here that other people (including ourselves) would like to be added/altered to be more convenient/better suit our needs.  And having a list a mile long of things needing to be hacked is not convenient at all.

So I'm afraid if that if you really want to see that option in SMF (and I too would like to see that option, btw), your best (only) route would be to go to the SMF boards and request a mod or actually you might even request having it added to the core for future versions of SMF

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.