Final Year Uni Project

phil88

Hey guys, first I'd like to apologise for initially posting this in the wrong forum. I didn't find much distinction between this and the critique forums.

Anyhoo.

I've created a social network aggregator for my final year project at uni and would appreciate your time to help me test it. At the moment, it supports linking Twitter, Facebook & Myspace accounts together and letting you read and post updates from and to each account, but it's built with extendibility in mind. This is the website and I'd really appreciate if you would test it on your PCs, Macs, mobiles or whatever other devices you have. I'd also massively appreciate it if you'd fill in this questionnaire if you have a minute too.

(I tinyurl'd the links because I want to limit search engine visibility until I'm more confident of its robustness).

Also, here's the proof of ownership file.

I didn't test anything but,

The wooden background looks 'blurry' although it seems you were aiming for a grain effect. I would change it.

Also the homepage isn't very well laid out in my opinion. No top logo/header. Missing something to 'box it' all in.

Sorry if I went off topic. Hope it was helpfull

I agree with cs.punk that the background looks pretty blurred and distracts a bit.

I would also add some padding at the bottom of the articles to give the text some air to breath.

this seems to be enough

article {
    margin-top: 1em;
    min-height: 80px;
    padding: 0 10px 10px; /* added bottom padding */
}

same is for your <h2> heading

give the text some air so it pops out more

padding: 3px 0;

Thanks for the feedback guys. I totally agree about the spacing of some elements and the background being blurry and a bit much. I've found that it doesn't notice too much in 1024x768 windows, but anything larger and it really does stand out.

As far as the logo/header goes, this is a uni assignment, so unfortunately I'm prioritising the marks at the moment. Creating a logo is something that is definitely on my to-do list, but it's quite a long way down for now because there are bigger marks in other areas that I need to focus on.

Did you both fill in the questionnaire?

just, so we are on the same level, you are using repeat on the image, so it's not dependent of the window size. the image is blurred:

http://www.chattercrab.com/images/full/wood-bg.jpg

As for your prioritizing, I supplied the code, so no need to figure that out part, just add it ::) if you agree with it of-course.

sorry, I did not fill in the questionnaire, didn't had time for it. Nor did i had time for testing it out really, I am not a real fan of facebook ::) although it's a great tool.

Yeah, we're on the same page about the background - creating a better background is something I'm going to do. My comment regarding my priorities was about creating a logo though - there's no marks in doing that, so that's a long way down the to-do list.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.