Hello everyone....who am I??

Bl4ckMaj1k

I am Chris!! Everyone calls me Bl4ck Maj1k because of the funny Dave Chappelle episode with Rick James. If you have seen that episode, you are familiar with the scene where Rick James is stomping mud onto Eddie and Charlie Murphy's couch. Then they beat on his legs. As Rick James crawled to the door of the Murphy home, crying in pain, he shouts, "Bl4ck Maj1k, evil mutha....owwww". A lot of my friends thought that was hilarious and since I was the blackest guy on the face of the earth according to them (another line in the Charlie Murphy, Rick James skit), they just started calling me Bl4ck Maj1k.

Anywho, sorry for the long story that you probably could care less to hear lol. I am here for one thing specifically, and that is to learn!!! I definitely understand a lot about programming and different languages so I will help out where I can, but I am no where near as PHP savvy I should be by now. Maybe because I have always been afraid that it was too complex for my itty witty mind to grasp LOL.

I am currently working on my biggest project as of yet and it is in the very awesome language of PHP!!! This place is HUGE and I feel I could really learn a thing or two from the experts that hang out here. So here I am. As in all projects, we all run into the inevitable road blocks!!! I am hoping that my road blocks won't be such a pain with help from all these experts!!

Before I leave I just want to say one thing. I am in no way shape or form lazy. Before I ever ask any questions I give myself at least 2 hours of non stop tinkering and troubleshooting. I test constantly and only when I have reached my precipice is when I ask for help. I also LOVE forum life....friendships with people sharing similar interests...surrounded by experts of the trade.

Wow now it feels like I am ranting. Well thats all. Thanks in advance!!

"The Charlie Murphy true hollywood story" from Chapelle is truly one of the funniest things I've ever seen.  That story about the couch is classic.  I will definitely remember you in the future, purely from that handle.  Welcome to the site.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.