Rain

oldmanice

[quote author=oldmanice link=topic=110712.msg448102#msg448102 date=1160153122]
?
[/quote]
c'mon, hasn't anyone played Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3? Rain? ninja? along the same vein as sub-zero, scorpion, ermac, noob saibot, reptile, smoke, et all...

hehe... what's the difference? that's like comparing street fighter alpha to killer instinct. first off, tekken is much more "realistic" in physics, moves, etc. there really isn't even a comparison for them. while MK has special moves (ie, your [i]fireballs[/i] or projectile attacks) that pretty much define that genre of fighting that are relatively gone from the tekken series. albeit, if you want to get into a technical review of the different fighting genres, i much prefer soul calibur to tekken myself. dead or alive is up there, too, though.

out of curiosity: what is the best fatality of all time from the MK series? i think it's hard to beat Kano from MK1 ripping the still beating heart out of his opponent's chest... that or sub-zero ripping the head and spine right out of their body... hard to top those... hehe

[quote author=obsidian link=topic=110712.msg448137#msg448137 date=1160155616]
out of curiosity: what is the best fatality of all time from the MK series? i think it's hard to beat Kano from MK1 ripping the still beating heart out of his opponent's chest... that or sub-zero ripping the head and spine right out of their body... hard to top those... hehe
[/quote]
yeah def the head+spine one. had to go to google to jog my memory as some of them were excellent. i remember as a kid spending a fortune in the amusement arcade learning the finishing moves and feeling like a right bad-ass when i managed to do it.

found this though: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3944547331800598383

My favorite ones from red's link:

-Kung Lao splitting you in 2 with his hat

-Lu Kang turning into a dragon and biting off top half of your body

-Jax turning his arms into blades and chopping you up in midair and you falling down to the ground in pieces

-Sindel sonic screaming the flesh off you

-Smoke dropping lots of bombs and the whole damn world explodes

- Reptile jumping on you and eating the flesh off your face

-Quan Chi rips your leg off and starts beating you to death with it

[quote author=Crayon Violent link=topic=110712.msg448184#msg448184 date=1160159746]
-Smoke dropping lots of bombs and the whole damn world explodes
[/quote]

that was my fav to do in the arcade 'cause it was so easy to do... don't remember for sure now, but i think it was just Block + U->U->F->D

i remember it because, his other one was something like D->D->F->U + Rn

also, new sub-zero's snowball grenade was an easy one, too: hold (LP) + B->B->D->F + release (LP)

man, it's amazing how many of these things stick with you!

[quote author=obsidian link=topic=110712.msg448213#msg448213 date=1160162895]
U->U->F->D
[/quote]
is that OOP?  ???

its amazing cos i remember the time when MK first came out and how everyone said how realistic it was, etc. looking back now, it doesnt have even a tiny bit of the shock factor, and its almost funny. still, its still a classic.

back on topic for a sec: oldmanice, why do you like getting wet whilst being blown?  ;D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.