Application Data (Cities & Zip)

clanstyles

I've been developing an application for some time now. It's come to the point to populate the database with accurate information. I've been searching for a list of City, State, Zip, Long & Lat for each. How can I find something like this? I see tons of them for sale, 79 bucks or so, but I don't want to pay. How do most of these people get their data?

Thank you

http://jesseprice.com/mysql-city-state-zip-latitude-longitude-database/

Google is your friend.

I attached the referened material to this post so you can download the table structure, and zip code information from it. They can also be found at the URL above, I didn't read everything on the page except that it contained all the information you seem to be looking for.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you guys!

So assuming I want to do a radius search based on Address OR City or Zip, i felt that a longitude & latitude search would be best.

The reasons I came up with were:

Most accurate

MySQL can handle doing all the math.

I'm not completely sure about this if it's the best way, but.. what do you guys think? Thank you!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.