WebBot in PHP

uroojs

We will need more information from you on what you are trying to do (and why) as well as any code you have tried so far.

actually i have to make a project on it ..

-price monitoring  webbots

-image capturing webbots

-link verification webbots

-anonymous browsing webbots

-search ranking webbots

-aggregation webbots

-ftp webbots

-webbots that read email

-webbots that send email

these are some bots that i have to make it .. but i dont know how do i start

i have read this book " Webbots, Spiders, and Screen Scrapers by Michael Schrenk "

i need urgent help b/c i dont have so much time

thanx

hey uroojs,

You are off to a bad start here.  Nobody here cares whether your need is urgent.  This is a free help site... with the important word being "free". 

It seems you have a lot of different programs you need to write. But the obvious point is.. you need to start somewhere.  I would suggest you pick one. 

I have not read the book you refer to but I did glance at the author's site, and it appears to cover the topics you are asking about.  He includes libraries of code, and the book appears to cover important libraries like CURL.

As for how to start -- do you have an internet connected server or workstation setup with php?  Do you have a text editor?  These are the things you absolutely need to get started writing these bots with php.

I don't know what else to say at this point... I don't know what you mean when you say you don't know how to start.  The book you say you read tells you exactly how to write a variety of bots.  Did you try out any of his code?

hey uroojs,

You are off to a bad start here.  Nobody here cares whether your need is urgent.  This is a free help site... with the important word being "free". 

It seems you have a lot of different programs you need to write. But the obvious point is.. you need to start somewhere.  I would suggest you pick one. 

I have not read the book you refer to but I did glance at the author's site, and it appears to cover the topics you are asking about.  He includes libraries of code, and the book appears to cover important libraries like CURL.

As for how to start -- do you have an internet connected server or workstation setup with php?  Do you have a text editor?  These are the things you absolutely need to get started writing these bots with php.

I don't know what else to say at this point... I don't know what you mean when you say you don't know how to start.  The book you say you read tells you exactly how to write a variety of bots.  Did you try out any of his code?

actually i m new to php and webbots also .. i am practicing many php programs and that book's programs also but until i have confusion about it, can u please help me b/c it is my final year project and i am very worried about it

or u can give me any php expert's contact then i ll ask

and i have a Zend Studio and XAMPP

Thanx

This site is read by many experts who are happy to help you if you put in the effort.  Zend Studio is nice when you know what you're doing, but it might be overwhelming for you, and you don't have to use an IDE.  Any simple ascii text editor willl also work.  For example, notepad++ which is free and works on windows as well.

I personally don't use xampp but I know many people do.  Have you made a simple script with <?php phpinfo();  in it, and got that to run?

Here's what you need to do:

-Come up with the specification for what your bot will do.  Since you're starting out, don't pick anything too difficult.

-Think about how to break down the problem into pieces.

-start with a skeleton, and get the first thing working.  You can have stubs for pieces you haven't figured out yet.

Once you have some code going, people here might actually help you. 

The only other thing I can suggest to you, is that if you absolutely must have urgent one one one help, figure out a budget and advertise for someone to help you write your code.  We have a freelancing forum you can use to advertise for help.  It also might help you if you tried to find someone who can work with you who speaks your native language, whatever that is.

This site is read by many experts who are happy to help you if you put in the effort.  Zend Studio is nice when you know what you're doing, but it might be overwhelming for you, and you don't have to use an IDE.  Any simple ascii text editor willl also work.  For example, notepad++ which is free and works on windows as well.

I personally don't use xampp but I know many people do.  Have you made a simple script with <?php phpinfo();  in it, and got that to run?

Here's what you need to do:

-Come up with the specification for what your bot will do.  Since you're starting out, don't pick anything too difficult.

-Think about how to break down the problem into pieces.

-start with a skeleton, and get the first thing working.  You can have stubs for pieces you haven't figured out yet.

Once you have some code going, people here might actually help you. 

The only other thing I can suggest to you, is that if you absolutely must have urgent one one one help, figure out a budget and advertise for someone to help you write your code.  We have a freelancing forum you can use to advertise for help.  It also might help you if you tried to find someone who can work with you who speaks your native language, whatever that is.

i have made many php programs and how can i advertise here ? is there another forum for it ?

here is my email id

h_urooj@yahoo.com

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.