MultiDim array (loop)

viviosoft

Hello all!

I can't seem to wrap my head around how to accomplish my problem.  Here's my problem.  I have several array's (only two this example).

<?php
	$item_num =   array ( 0 => "00000", 1 => "00001", 2 => "00002" ),
                $item_disc =    array ( 0 => "Some info for 0", 1 => "Some info for 1", 2 => "Some info for 2" )
?>

I want to build a table using the arrayed information.  Something like:

<table>

<tr>
      <td><input value="'.$item_num[0].'" name="item[]" size="9"></input></td>
      <td><input value="$item_disc[0]" name="disc[]" size="33"></input></td> 
   </tr>

<tr>
      <td><input value="'.$item_num[1].'" name="item[]" size="9"></input></td>
      <td><input value="$item_disc[1]" name="disc[]" size="33"></input></td> 
   </tr>

<table>

I know how to loop through an array but this is a bit different in that I each array would need extracted in the loop.  If you notice I want to build rows and the values for each row are in separate arrays.  So $item_num and $item_disc are in the same row and exacts ['0'] and the next row is [1] and the next row is [2], etc...

Any help would be great.  Thanks.

viviosoft -

Wouldn't a better structure for the array then be:

$items = array(
    array(
        "00000",
        "Some info for 0"
    ),
    array(
        "00001",
        "Some info for 1"
    ),
    array(
        "00002",
        "Some info for 2"
    )
);

By the way what you had before was not a multi-dimensional array.

I guess you didn't put any thought into what I said. I was suggesting a better to way to structure the array, that would make looping through it simpler. All you'd have to do with that type of structure is:

<table>
    <?php foreach ($items as $item) { ?>
        <tr>
            <td><input value="<?php echo $item[0]; ?>" name="item[]" size="9"></input></td>
            <td><input value="<?php echo $item[1]; ?>" name="disc[]" size="33"></input></td>
        </tr>
    <?php } ?>
</table>

No, I understood what you said.  I should have said that the information is coming from the database that way.  I'm using serialized data from the database.  Each row in the database table is a built array.  So, array one are items, and array two are the descriptions and so on.  The sample code that I provided was just an example... Does that clarify things a bit?

Yeah that's the kind of reasoning I was looking for. You could do it this way then:

<table>
    <?php foreach ($item_num as $key => $item) { ?>
        <tr>
            <td><input value="<?php echo $item; ?>" name="item[]" size="9"></input></td>
            <td><input value="<?php echo $item_disc[$key]; ?>" name="disc[]" size="33"></input></td>
        </tr>
    <?php } ?>
</table>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.