Killing a session

Biax

Hello everyone, this is probably a totally lame question, but I've been developing my website that has a whole bunch of session variables for things like user log in and navigation.

But if I browse away from the website and come back to it, it's still remembering values, and I don't want that! So how can I set it up so it destroys the session, ie, how do I know when the user has browsed off the website?

I guess it all depends on what you want to accomplish. If you want to setup a session timeout arrangement where the user is logged out based on a set time of inactivity then tleisher is correct and a timeout script is best. However, the timeout script will not work if the user leaves the site and returns in time so as not to timeout.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.