[SOLVED] critique on layout

Ninjakreborn

looks pretty bad.  The matrix theme isn't working, the menus are ugly, the 'logo' is still not a logo. The submenus on the top don't even make sense.  More logical would be to have the main menu on the top.  The reality is that you have 3 sets of menus which makes even less sense.  So, my conclusion is that it doesn't look good and lacks any good logic as far as functionality and ease of use.

throw andys and jcombs posts together, and thats what i (almost) think.

however i'll disagree a bit with jcombs re the logo. sure, its not a logo - more of a banner - but still, I actually think that it works and personally think it looks pretty good.

you're heading into the right direction regarding the 'feel' - the whole tone is alot more 'cheery' than your last site, which is just pretty grim colour/tone wise. sure, the menus etc could do with lots of work as jcombs said, but it's encouraging that things are heading in the right direction.

Ok. I am going to get my graphic design to make some changes to this, and get him to do some work on the layout some, then work up a few more.
I decided to take everyone's advice, I am playing with photoshop, but I ahve someone that I have hired to do 3 things permanently.
1. Logo's, layouts(just an img of the logo/layout combination),
2. Writing up all the content, he did professional content writing for 6 years, and he excels at flash/actionscript, and does good work, his design abilities, mixed with my abilities, it should round everything off, and leav eme concentrating on what I want.  In the long run, I am still doing everything with website construction, I will just send him some specs to get a logo and design idea, and the content, then I can do all the rest, I think my career is finally looking up.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.