Using EasyPhp with Dreamweaver

why not just install apache and php and make your local system a test server. i setup my laptop this way and it works great. i used the book "PHP Dreamweaver MX 2004" by Apress which shows you step by step how to install and configure Apache, PHP and MySQL. you can even set Apache to listen on another port so you can develop with PHP or ASP/IIS on the same machine.

the self-installing PHP/MySQL apps are conveinent, but lack the ability to go in and fine tune them to your needs. manually installing Apache, PHP and MySQL makes life a lot easier, and it's not too difficult to do.

Ive tried making a WAMP setup several times b4 and its confused me every time

237851[/snapback]

If he already has a working version of easyphp 1.8, don't try to get him to change. Don't fix it if it isn't broken.

To answer the author:

First open up Dreamweaver. I will show you step by step how to setup a site definition in Dreamweaver and have it saved to your local folder. You must always have easyphp running when you want to test your php work.

Your local website is available at http://localhost/

Here is the guide:

Site > Manage Sites > Advanced Tab > Site name: Anything you want > Local root folder: C:\Program Files\EasyPHP1-8\www (I think that's right, if not, change it to your www folder for EasyPHP) > Default Images Folder: You don't have to define it but you can > HTTP Address: http://localhost/ > Remote Info Tab on Left > Access: Local/Network > Remote Folder: C:\Program Files\EasyPHP1-8\www (again it may or may not be correct)

That should be it. If you have further problems let me know.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.