invalid syntax question...?

cybermomcafe

The server that my site was on was on the recieving end of a DOS attack and they found the LMK Trojan virus on the server too... so they wiped the server clean...all data was lost. I don\'t have SSH or Telnet access so the only back up of my database that I have is from the admin panel of vbulletin...

Last time I restored the database (when I transferred to this server last week) I used the same file I\'m using now I did it thru phpMyAdmin, I copied and pasted the mySQL queries like 4000 lines at a time thru myPHPadmin, and it worked fine. I\'m trying this again and now when I enter the queries I get an invalid syntax error...

This is the format that I\'m copying it from the backup file:

INSERT INTO adminlog VALUES(\'1\', \'1\', \'1044752280\', \'index.php\', \'\', \'\', \'24.208.160.38\');

This is the error message that I get:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near \'\'1\', \'1\', \'1044752280\', \'index.php\', \'\', \'\', \'24.208.160.38\')\' at line 1

When it comes back with the error why is there so many more ? Is that what the problem is?

It looks like it may be a newer version of phpMyAdmin because there are more options at the bottom... other than that I have no idea...

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Cant you setup the database backup through the Vbulletin admin control panel? Surely there msut be a way to jsut upload the file to restore it!

I havent used vbulletin (adminCp) anyways, I use IPB and i can easily backup/restore a database in their!

Am i following you right on this or have i read your post wrong?

Hmm....

Not easy, I just tested

INSERT INTO `tbl_Person` VALUES (143, \'Jepp\', \'Tha\', \'1973\', \'\', \'Sjælland 73 st.\', \'\', \'\', \'8000\', \'Ås C\', \'thas@i.au.dk\', \'\', \'venteliste\', \'8619\', \'2191\', \'\', \'\');

Which worked fine (don\'t worry about the data).

The only difference I see is the backquotes around the table name.

Which version of phpmyadmin are you using?

P.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.