VS PHP for Visual Studio

• 1 month later...

I used VS.PHP for quite a long time.

What I liked in VS.PHP is Microsoft GUI (used to work in ms studio since fabulous v6.0), it's fast and highly customiziable. What I disliked in VS.PHP is xdebug debugger. You never know what statement in watch will terminate debugging. It always happen all of sudden. You step, step, step, then it just stops. Removing watches solves the problem completely, but it's not a good solution I'd recommend to anybody.

I didn't encounter any problems like this in DBG debugger -- they provide both. Unfortunately they don't update dbg for years and it does not support php 5.3. Last version seems to be 5.0.4 which is outdated now. That's why I switched to PHPEd (www.nusphere.com)

Hope it helps, and perhaps it explains why nobody else replied to your question (at least that's my 2c)

-jv

Hi,

Well I figured it was one of those obscure things that people would probably never admit to using.  I am open to all sorts of new technologies as least new to me.

So for now I have opted for Zen Studio 8, I am just learning my way around the IDE, I hope it is as good as it is hyped up to be.

I am using Win7, WAMP and ZEN Studio for my dev stack when it comes to PHP.

:)

• 4 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.