PHP Website

AliasXNeo

Hello all.

If you're reading this topic I am going to expect that you know something about PHP. I'm here to collect information. My question:

[b]What do you want out of a PHP website?[/b]

What is something you look for but can never find? What are some ideas that you think are great, but never bother to actually go through with? Just share your suggestions on what a good PHP website should offer. And please stay in reality here, I don't want some impossible to do suggestion :p Thanks!

~ Alias

lol @ your stupidity?

I assure you whoever shares their ideas will be given a chance to participate IF I even use it. Besides, me and my team would be the one doing all the work, credit would surely be given, but the website that is being created is not for money, the only money we will recieve is donations, and all that will most likely be going to our hosting bill. (Which we are already paying right now).

@hostfreak - considering the nature of a site like phpfreaks, where the aim is to come for help and hopefully walk away with an answer (be it a script, web critique or an idea), i dont think that sort of response goes down well. i see what you're saying but still...

@alias - before you post, have a good look around the rest of phpfreaks forums as there are better places to post. 'PHP Help' is for specific help with certain PHP scripts you already have.

anyway - wherever this thread ends up - Alias, as the OP, why dont you go first and tell us? I'd personally love a website that's dedicated to banning Comic Sans (yes, i know there's one already...), Flash, Animated GIF's and the term "Web 2.0" (or any other "bandwagonbuzzwords") all rolled into one.

Cheers
Mark

Thank you for staying positive. I could not find a better forum to properly place this thread, I figured if it truly was in the wrong area a moderator could move it, but this best fits the subject as it's related to PHP and I am asking for help.

I simply need ideas. Generally I can take two or three people's idea's and combine them togeter to form my own unique idea, but i'm not 100 other PHP programmers, and I can't come up with an idea that I can assure will please most of the population that attends my site. Whereas, when I have multiple ideas, I can please each one and have a better shot at getting more activity to my website due to it's unique idea.

[quote author=AliasXNeo link=topic=110840.msg448723#msg448723 date=1160266939]
Thank you for staying positive. I could not find a better forum to properly place this thread, I figured if it truly was in the wrong area a moderator could move it, but this best fits the subject as it's related to PHP and I am asking for help.

I simply need ideas. Generally I can take two or three people's idea's and combine them togeter to form my own unique idea, but i'm not 100 other PHP programmers, and I can't come up with an idea that I can assure will please most of the population that attends my site. Whereas, when I have multiple ideas, I can please each one and have a better shot at getting more activity to my website due to it's unique idea.
[/quote]

A PHP site that utilizes Biometric as a form of user authentication. Biometric technique can include voice recognition, fingerprint recognition, face recogiton, etc.

Just in case, a user forget their password (what they know), Biometric is based on what they are.

No such PHP website has that - be the first!

[quote author=redbullmarky link=topic=110840.msg448720#msg448720 date=1160265968]
anyway - wherever this thread ends up - Alias, as the OP, why dont you go first and tell us? I'd personally love a website that's dedicated to banning Comic Sans (yes, i know there's one already...),[b] Flash[/b], Animated GIF's and the term "Web 2.0" (or any other "bandwagonbuzzwords") all rolled into one.
[/quote]

surely you mean flash driven sites and not flash itself, right? cuz flash == teh shiz!  Making flash cartoonies and little games are so much fun, i find myself opening up and fiddling around with flash all the time when i need a break from scripting :)

It's easy to get annoyed with a technology if it's often misused or misplaced. When it should be the misuse itself you should be annoyed at.

One should base it's choice of used technologies on the function of a website. You don't do impressive flash intros unless the main function of a site is to impress and represent, rather than to inform.

On topic, I actually had a website idea like this a while a go. Allowing people who have the vision but not the funds and skills or time to create websites with revenue, to submit their visions, collecting some of those revenues if an idea takes of. I might still try that if can find the time.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.