Shopping Basket - changing quantities & removing items problem

nickholt1972

I've set up a shopping basket. It works in so much as I can add items from my product pages to the basket and it lists them with their prices. Trouble is, now i need to be able to let shoppers alter quantities from the default (1), I also need to let them remove items.

I've experimented with a text box or drop down list but if I send the quantity as a $_POST variable, it changes the quantity on all the items in the basket.

This is the code which displays the items in the basket. You may note, i've hardcoded the default quantity (1) whilst i work out what to do.

[code] $total = 0;
  for ($i = 0; $i < count($_SESSION['basket']); $i++) {

$alldetails = @mysql_query('SELECT * FROM stocks WHERE id = ' . $_SESSION['basket'][$i]);
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($alldetails)) {
    echo '<tr>';
    echo '<td>' . $_SESSION['basket'][$i] . '</td>';  // id
    echo '<td>' . $row['alphaname'] . '</td>'; // product name
$quantity = 1;
    echo '<td>' . $quantity . '</td>'; // quantity
$subtotal = $row['price'] * $quantity;
    echo '<td align="right">£' . number_format($subtotal, 2) . '</td>'; // price
    echo '<td>remove</td>';
    echo '</tr>';
    $total = $total + $subtotal;
  }}[/code]

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also the issue of removing items I don't esxpect to be too hard but still some assistance would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Nick.

Oh yes the code works as it is, but it doesn't let users [i]change[/i] the quantities in the basket. Currently it would just display id, productname, quantity and price but the quantity would be 1 by default because of the [b]$quantity = 1[/b] variable.
I want to add the functionality so a user can decide to order 2 or 12 or whatever, and i don't know how to go about it.

Thanks,

Nick.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.