Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greg

Redirect to same page

Hello,
In this form, how can I go to the same page number when the results are more than one page?
Thanks
Greg
[CODE]
<form name="eachrow" action="visitors.php?listing=id-desc&page=" method="POST">
          <input type="hidden" value="<?=$visitors['browser_id']?>" name="DeleteOneRow">
<td class="VisitorTableContent" align="center" valign="top">
<input type="submit" value="delete">
          </form>
[/CODE]

Couldn't you simply spit out the page number in the form's action?

Like so:

[code]

<?php $page = $_GET['page']; /* Or $_SESSION['page']? Whatever you are using... */ ?>

<form name="eachrow" action="visitors.php?listing=id-desc&page=<?php echo $page; ?>" method="POST">
  <input type="hidden" value="<?php echo $visitors['browser_id']; ?>" name="DeleteOneRow">
</form>

[/code]

Not to be the security police but i think its important that when giving out advice we take the habbit to include the nessesary security precautions one must take while doing this: in this case we need to use htmlspecialchars() to make sure we protect ourselves against XSS attacks. (of course if your browser id comes from a user input you'd need to do the same)

[code]
<?php $page = $_GET['page']; /* Or $_SESSION['page']? Whatever you are using... */ ?>
[color=red]$page = htmlspecialchars($page);[/color]
<form name="eachrow" action="visitors.php?listing=id-desc&page=<?php echo $page; ?>" method="POST">
  <input type="hidden" value="<?php echo $visitors['browser_id']; ?>" name="DeleteOneRow">
</form>[/code]

[quote author=daiwa link=topic=110882.msg448960#msg448960 date=1160333441]
Not to be the security police but i think its important that when giving out advice we take the habbit to include the nessesary security precautions one must take while doing this: in this case we need to use htmlspecialchars() to make sure we protect ourselves against XSS attacks. (of course if your browser id comes from a user input you'd need to do the same)

[code]
[color=red]$page = htmlspecialchars($page);[/color]
</form>[/code]
[/quote]

You're absolutely right. :) My bad on that!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.