What Does This Error Message Mean? Trying to Call Function Inside an iFrame!

chaseman

I'm trying to call a function inside an iFrame inside Wordpress, and I'm getting this error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_results() on a non-object in

What is this supposed to mean?

By the way the function DOES work when it's NOT called inside the iFrame, but as soon as I call it inside the iFrame I get the error message. Why is that?

I think you'll need to post some code so we know more what your talking about.  The error message is telling you that your trying to call a member function on a non-object variable.  I'm not sure what this has to do with an iframe though. 

It means you are trying to treat one of your variables as an object when it isn't one.  HTML frames are executed independently of each other; it's not the same as using include(), so to speak.  Therefore, if you create an object in your parent script, and then try to call methods on that object in your frame, you will encounter an error like this (and vice versa).

It means you are trying to treat one of your variables as an object when it isn't one.  HTML frames are executed independently of each other; it's not the same as using include(), so to speak.  Therefore, if you create an object in your parent script, and then try to call methods on that object in your frame, you will encounter an error like this (and vice versa).

Ok that cleared it up for me, thanks for the explanation!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.