is it possable to set the background-color and color to valadate as valadated.

redarrow

Hi there all hope alls ok.

Is it possable to get the css to validate as valid css if you set the background-color and color the same or do you have to do some fancy work as inherit but how?

example
[code]
P
{
color:red;
background-color:red;
}
[/code]

As you no if you set the color and background color the same you get warnings form valadation w3c has anyone found a way to stop the warnings and set both as the same color for background color and color.

Thank you.

Thank you wildteen.

wildteen or someone can exsplain why do guru say dont use tables and use the css atubutes.

i use tables and css in all my coding and it is fully valadated and well designed have i got to change my method know as i am getting into css or can i still use my good old tables for design purpose.

Tables are not ment for layouts. They are mean for displaying tabular data, such as showing temeraters throughout the year.

Tabled layouts are easy to do yes. However for me tableless layouts are a lot easier. Plus you get the benefit of coding less HTML, smaller file sizes. You can get a two colmn layout with a header done with just 3 div tags and a few lines of CSS. Where as if its tables it'll be more like 10 or more tags.

CSS is specifically designed to style your layouts. Not HTML. HTML is just the blue print of your website.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.