The connection was reset

Lately I've been getting a lot of "The connection has been reset" errors in Firefox on this forum - has anybody encountered this little hindrance in other browsers or other operating systems than Linux? I'm sort of hesitant to think that it would be my browser, since I don't have any similar problems on other forums or websites.

That may very well have been the problem. Although, the only times I've noticed that we really aren't on "peak time" are 06:00 to 10:00 GMT, so it's not that hard to hit "peak time". :)

Thanks, ober, for letting me know that I'm not alone.

[quote author=Daniel0 link=topic=110964.msg449346#msg449346 date=1160414042]
I often (like every second/third day) get a message saying that smf can't connect to the database. I don't know if that is related to this.
[/quote]

I am getting that today.

I get that on occasion as well.  Mark it up to server overloading.  I did notice that the server was down the other day and phpfreak said MySQL had crashed.  He restarted it and I think the forums were down as a result of that for only a few minutes.  I guess it's possible that MySQL crashes could be the cause of some of the other issues we're seeing, but who knows.  

I'll bring it up with phpfreak the next time he's available.

On the tutorials/article pages I just get loads of errors in the header:

[code]
Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Too many connections in /home/www.phpfreaks.com/public_html/includes/DatabaseObject.inc on line 68

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/www.phpfreaks.com/public_html/includes/DatabaseObject.inc on line 68
MySQL Error: Too many connections MySQL Query: INSERT INTO `user_track` set `user_track_id`="", `session_id`="8fdb8302c10caccd565e293e954961ac", `last_activity`="1160416923", `last_page`="", `member`="0", `ip_address`="172.143.160.22", `refurl`="http://www.phpfreaks.com/", `user_agent`="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7" +===========================================================+ MySQL Query: INSERT INTO `user_track` set `user_track_id`="", `session_id`="8fdb8302c10caccd565e293e954961ac", `last_activity`="1160416923", `last_page`="", `member`="0", `ip_address`="172.143.160.22", `refurl`="http://www.phpfreaks.com/", `user_agent`="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7"

Warning: mysql_insert_id() [function.mysql-insert-id]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/www.phpfreaks.com/public_html/includes/DatabaseObject.inc on line 357

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Too many connections in /home/www.phpfreaks.com/public_html/includes/ManagerClass.inc on line 46

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/www.phpfreaks.com/public_html/includes/ManagerClass.inc on[/code]

Related?

That's what I thought it was at first, but I realized that I was getting them when I was just posting simple words, no script tags, no html, no PHP at all - and then a page refresh makes it go just fine. Sometimes it tells me "You already submitted this post, maybe you hit Refresh?" or something like that, and sometimes it didn't go through properly the first time, so it does the job proper the second time. To me, that's indication that a) It's not the IPS at all, or b) The IPS has a hole in it. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I have been seeing a lot of errors on the main phpfreaks page where I see my session information and a lot of MYSQL-SELECT errors popping up all over the place.

At the time this was happening I tried to post here about it but got an SWF too many connections error, this about 30 minutes ago from the time I post this message.

Cep, if you're seeing errors on the main page, try logging out and then logging back in.  We've made some changes on the main site and for whatever reason, your SESSION needs to be refreshed.

I personally haven't seen as many issues lately with the connection problems.  I think we've worked some of that out.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.