blogging website looking for suggestions

wizardry

if you want us to review the looks, make sure we can enter the site without having us the sign up and stuff.

Also this site is, as far as the front page not finished and a review would be not very useful. All I can say so far is that the color blue you use is far too bright.

• 2 weeks later...

don't mean to be blunt but your website need a total revamp. You totally wont draw the crowd but instantly run them. you need to review the principles of web design eg. Layout, typography, easy navigation,usability etc.guess this is your first try so try again you can do it. 8)

I have no idea where to even start.. There's not a single positive thing about this website, sorry. The design is Horrific, functionality is limited and needs to be ajax for many of which, for instant posting comments and such. The old way just isn't a modern day practice. You need a COMPLETE overhaul, and I would say you need a ton of time dedicated to learning how to design a decent website and such.

Sorry to be so mean, however it's important in order for you to improve.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Wizardry!

I must agree, the website layout is very much lacking anything pleasant to look at. Is this your first website layout? If you're just starting off with web design i'll tell you it will take some time. Nobody get's it on the first try. I always find templatemonster.com to be a good source of inspiration. Have a look at that and get a grasp of what's good what's not.  As for your layout, here's some critique --> Table borders, especially default ones are a no-no. Those have never looked nice and i cant even think of a good reason to ever use them so border="0" on that one. I also see you are using nothing but html for your design. I strongly suggest taking a quick lesson or two in photoshop or similar and include a graphic substance into your website. Coding is meant to make things work well not look pretty, that's photoshops job. I see you have alot of ads on your page already, i strongly suggest removing those and simply leaving space for it. Also overall the whole page looks just plain white, again this could be more pleasant on the eyes.

Fonts are too large, makes it look cheap... So as many others i strongly suggest a 100% layout revamp as well. This unfortunately is a bit fail, but go do your homework and take another crack at this, i'm sure you'll get better each time. Practice makes perfect after all.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.