Small Village Website

PaulRyan

This is just a layout I've put together for a client I'm working with, I've had feedback from them and they're fully happy with it.

But I'm sure something is missing, I can't put my finger on it.

I need some more eyes on it to get your suggestions, feedback and whatnot.

I will be greatful of any response, good or bad :)

I have attached links to screenshots, as I have not got this online, just on my local server.

FireFox, Chrome etc - http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/4738/brownedgevillage1304024.png

Internet Explorer - http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6427/internetexploreret.png

Regards, PaulRyan.

It looks nice but i would put it in a sort of wide screen video frame if you know what i mean. So a top header and a bottom footer in a contrasting color spreading 100%. and let the same theme come back. a golden bottom border for the header. some other screenshot of the church. That will make the middle pop out more and in the end they still know what the sitename was. and i would certainly make all columns the same length to the bottom.

-edit: but i like the color you choose, nice magic old village feeling, but it can look a little warmer.

You just hit the nail on the head, I forgot a top bar...I knew I missed something :)

I would have a widescreen format, but I have been told to keep the layout at 1000px in width, no more or less.

Thanks for your input CssFreakie, valuable as ever! :)

Regards, PaulRyan.

Don't forget you can keep the header 1000px, but let the non-important background stretch to 100%.

So don't let a fix width limit you to put that cherry on top. If you need help on that let me know, but i bet you don't need my help creating such designs  ;D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.