Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shiny_spoon

header() + HTTP/1.1 Reponse Codes...

I'm trying to work with headers for a script I'm working on but it's giving me a hell of a time. At the very top of my PHP script I have [code=php:0]if($condition == TRUE){ header("HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable"); }[/code] but regardless of wether or not [code=php:0]$condition == TRUE[/code] the page loads fine with no errors. I've even put the header code by itself and tried different status codes with the same results...

Do I have to configure something in php.ini or httpd.conf to make header status codes work!? Or am I just using the function incorrectly? ??? I've never had to use [code=php:0]header()[/code] to forward response codes, so I'm a little bit clueless right now.

[code]<?php

if($condition == TRUE)
{
    header("HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable");
    die;
}

?>[/code]

Thanks for the quick reply!

After trying with die; after header() as you suggested and with die(header()); I get a blank page with nothing in the page source and an empty error log... :-\

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.