select information, then build an insert query help?

tjburke79

I hope I have posted this in the right area but I am hoping someone can help me out. But its kinda mysql and php related...

What I am trying to do is, query a members database to see if they have uploaded any new photos to there account.  once i find out what photos are new, i would like to insert a single entry into a feeds table with field that has a comma separated value so that i can later use the explode function to see what new photos where uploaded in my members feed's application.

// select latest uploaded photos

SELECT MemberID, PhotoID

FROM Photos

WHERE DateTime >= '2011-05-04 13:02:18'

ORDER BY MemberID

this will output example...

1 | 11

1 | 15

1 | 89

2 | 68

so i guess where i am stuck is based on this select, how would i go about building a single entry per MemberID into my Feeds table?  I would have to do use the loop and an implode function I am guessing but not to sure how to put it all together.

// implode mysql result

$comma_separated = implode(",", $array);

what i need to do is compile the results so that i can make a single entry into my "Feeds" table per MemberID...

insert one entry into feeds per MemberID an example would have to be like this..

INSERT INTO `Feed` (`MemberID`, `Data`) VALUES ('1', '11,15,89,97')

INSERT INTO `Feed` (`MemberID`, `Data`) VALUES ('2', '68')

I hope I explained myself on what I am trying to accomplish here. Any ideas or a better solution to what i am trying to do? I would rather have one entry then a new entry for every new photo. Thanks for your time.

The Data field on the "Feeds" table will store the temporary information, so in the feed i can select the MemberID and explode $Data to get the latest PhotoID's for that MemberID... My problem is building that initial query and loops compile the information to create the insert query  :shrug:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.