Fathers plumbing site

I Like the background... I think the text at the top where it has  "quality service 20 years in business" needs to be worked on a bit, maybe something like a a plumbers wrench, pipe, or drain would make the viewer become instantly aware in the header that it is a plumbing service. The content below works well and the color scheme is very professional.

The use of the English language is really bad.

knowin, gaurunteed

"Offering you more than 20 years of experience."........not a complete sentence

Apostrophes are missing in several words.

First I think it looks good,

Also I think you need a footer with the company name, location as in street address, phone number and email link. You need this on every page. When people come to your site don't make them work to have to contact you. If its right there in front of them there will be more of chance they'll call or email. Think of your father's customers age, most of them want getting on that "damn internet" as my father calls it to be a quick affair.

I noticed that all the page titles have the same title, change that to match the page, check out the page description and write it to match the page. If you can over time get some of your fathers suppliers and friends to link to you. "Almost" anyone is good, the big boys are better, try to stay in the same industry more or less, plumbing, irrigation, construction.

Put licensed by the state of ...... somewhere on the front or licensed and insured.

After a while it can all seem to blur. Usually it takes several months to work the kinks out, visual appeal, page rank, spelling, sentence structure.

Once again it looks good.

The maroon and light blue/white don't work for me. The banner seems quite oddly large, and the text in the header looks crammed into a small space. I like the brushed metal style background fading in though, fits the nature of the site well.

I Like the background... I think the text at the top where it has  "quality service 20 years in business" needs to be worked on a bit, maybe something like a a plumbers wrench, pipe, or drain would make the viewer become instantly aware in the header that it is a plumbing service.

I'd disagree. "Robert's Plumbing" doesn't tell you it's a plumbing service? Do you see Microsoft with a computer in their logo? Adding little 'clip-art' like that only reduces a company's professional web-image in my opinion.

I'd say in terms of layout and structure, it's well done. There's some aesthetic changes that can be done to maker it better though, and the mark-up isn't perfect.

Thanks for all the comments.

I agree some of the grammar needs to be reworked, I just wrote it and put it up so far. There could be several things, but i will probably go through and try to spot them today.

Things like title, footer and some other seo elements are still being made.

At first i designed it with some pipes or faucets or wrenches, but it ended up looking too cluttered for me. I went through and looked at the top plumbing sites in different cities and most of them didn't have all that in them. I think a much cleaner look works out better for plumbing.

The maroon and light blue/white don't work for me. The banner seems quite oddly large, and the text in the header looks crammed into a small space. I like the brushed metal style background fading in though, fits the nature of the site well.

I Like the background... I think the text at the top where it has  "quality service 20 years in business" needs to be worked on a bit, maybe something like a a plumbers wrench, pipe, or drain would make the viewer become instantly aware in the header that it is a plumbing service.

I'd disagree. "Robert's Plumbing" doesn't tell you it's a plumbing service? Do you see Microsoft with a computer in their logo? Adding little 'clip-art' like that only reduces a company's professional web-image in my opinion.

I'd say in terms of layout and structure, it's well done. There's some aesthetic changes that can be done to maker it better though, and the mark-up isn't perfect.

Everyone already knows what Microsoft is.....so there is no need to put a computer next to that logo...lol but a plumbing website needs to unconsciously make a statement in the header,body, and footer.  Just my opinion.

Everyone already knows what Microsoft is.....so there is no need to put a computer next to that logo...lol but a plumbing website needs to unconsciously make a statement in the header,body, and footer.  Just my opinion.

Plumbing is already in the business name.  If that doesn't describe the business, nothing will.

---

@OP:

I think you have some potential here.  Some things I'd change:

Like others have said, the "Quality Service" block simply doesn't match the rest of the site.  You have a swoopy blue and white motif there, while the rest of your site is dark red, gray, and white.  Not only that, but the positioning of that block, in addition to the text placement and mismatched background, make it look like an afterthought.  You need to incorporate that into your site rather than simply stamping it somewhere without much rhyme or reason.

I dislike how much the navigation bar folds in on the sides.  I've seen the effect before, but it's a bit overkill here.  Reduce it by 50% on each side, and I think it would look a lot better.

I don't like how you formatted the contact form.  Your form fields should be flush to the left, not to the right.  You should also have a little bit of space between them.  Right now, they're jammed together.  Also, get rid of the "Or, you can email..." line since the email option is the first contact option, and you have a heading already stating it's the email contact form.  Similarly, get rid of the ginormous phone icon and find a smaller one better suited to the look and feel of your site.

Finally, watch your text indenting on all your pages.  Some of it seems haphazard.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.