Artist website Critique

alcapon1

I like it! one thing i would change is the left menu, the text is not very visible, maybe also add a hover state to it.

also at the left side of your menu the image is not perfectly overlapping the similar background image. As far as markup, you use a tabular design which i would not recommend, but if it works for you i said nothing  ;D

overall good job looks very nice!

Thanks, I work my butt off on these art projects so I really appreciate it.

I am getting rid of the tables and using CSS for sure. Old habits die hard....lol

than call an airstrike  ;) and start with a clean slate. it can even improve your stylesheet, since you already know what it should look like

• 3 weeks later...

I love the layout, very clean and sphisticated, refreshing even. However with that said, im must agree i'm not a fan of the menu either. It is a little hard to see on both left and top, also the animation on top seems a bit overkill... a simpler hover over effect would suffice. Aside from that it's really really really good! A+.

I love the layout, very clean and sphisticated, refreshing even. However with that said, im must agree i'm not a fan of the menu either. It is a little hard to see on both left and top, also the animation on top seems a bit overkill... a simpler hover over effect would suffice. Aside from that it's really really really good! A+.

Ya I agree with the animation is a little too much. The left navigation is also seems to bother people so I will make those improvements.... I think it is a case of less is more....

It looks good especially the top portion of the site. I scroll down to see more but seems to end suddenly :)

You can do some changes on top navigation (Policy media & site).. Can't able to see those links easily

Also you can make some changes on Left menu

Make some formatting on LOGO to make it read easily(I am not artist and fully understand your concepts..) :(

• 2 weeks later...

Flash for main parts of a website are a complete no no in my book. Personally I wouldn't add flash to my website if it were for anything but videos. Just my opinion. Would love for you to check out my social network project:

www.kithell.com

usr: PhpFreak@yahoo.com

pass: phpfreaklogin

and if you like it, create your own personal account! (:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.