While loop not outputting array as expected

Vel

I am trying to load all rows from a table in a database into a table on a webpage. I cannot understand why the following code does not work:

<?php ...
echo "You are currently in a fleet. The details of the fleet are below.<br>";
$fleetName = $_SESSION['charFleetName'];
$sqlFleetDetails = "SELECT * FROM `$fleetName`";
$queryFleetDetails = mysql_query($sqlFleetDetails);
echo "<table>";
echo "<tr>";
	echo "<th>Pilot</th>";
	echo "<th>Ship</th>";
	echo "<th>Type</th>";
echo "</tr>";
while($rowFleetDetails = mysql_fetch_array($queryFleetDetails)) {
$charId = $rowFleetDetails['charId'];
$charName = $rowFleetDetails['charName'];
$shipHull = $rowFleetDetails['shipHull'];
$shipType = $rowFleetDetails['shipType'];
echo "<tr>";
	echo "<td><a href=\"#\" onClick=\"CCPEVE.showInfo{1377, " . $charId . "}>" . $charName . "</a></td>";
	echo "<td>" . $shipHull . "</td>";
	if($shipType == 1)
		echo "<td>Logistics</td>";
	if($shipType == 2)
		echo "<td>DPS Boat</td>";
	if($shipType == 3)
		echo "<td>Sniper 120Km+</td>";
	if($shipType == 4)
		echo "<td>Off-grid Booster</td>";
echo "</tr>";
}
echo "</table><br>";

I originally had the $rowFleetDetails['charId'] and others in the echo instead of loading them into variables then echoing the variables but changed it to see if that was working, neither is. If I add an extra line outside of the while loop to echo the output of the array then the information is displayed fine, so I know that the information is being transferred from the table into the array correctly, but why is it not outputting properly in the While loop?

Source code shows it should be showing correctly. I didn't think to check that hehe. I guess it's a browser issue then, it's being run in a in-game browser in a game called Eve Online.

<!DOCTYPE HTML> 
<html> 
<head> 
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> 
<title>Shield Fleet :: Home</title> 
</head> 

<body>You are currently in a fleet. The details of the fleet are below.<br><table><tr><th>Pilot</th><th>Ship</th><th>Type</th></tr><tr><td><a href="#" onClick="CCPEVE.showInfo{1377, 359320675}>StyphonUK</a></td><td>Nightmare</td><td>DPS Boat</td></tr></table><br><a href="fc.php">Fleet Command Page</a></body> 
</html>

I think the issue is to do with the onClick attribute

... <a href="#" onClick="CCPEVE.showInfo{1377, 359320675}>StyphonUK</a> ...

Notice you have left of the closing double quote after the } and before the >. That could be the issue.

Change

echo "<td><a href=\"#\" onClick=\"CCPEVE.showInfo{1377, " . $charId . "}>" . $charName . "</a></td>";

to

echo "<td><a href=\"#\" onClick=\"CCPEVE.showInfo{1377, " . $charId . "}\">" . $charName . "</a></td>";

I think the issue is to do with the onClick attribute

... <a href="#" onClick="CCPEVE.showInfo{1377, 359320675}>StyphonUK</a> ...

Notice you have left of the closing double quote after the } and before the >. That could be the issue.

Change

to

echo "<td><a href=\"#\" onClick=\"CCPEVE.showInfo{1377, " . $charId . "}\">" . $charName . "</a></td>";

Indeed it was. Thanks a lot :).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.