DB Query with Checkbox group

loganbest

Hi,

I’m fairly new to OOPHP and CI so I had a quick question that could be an easy answer for some people.

I have a form right now with about 100 checkboxes all with the same name so they will submit as an array of numbers.

I also have a table named tag_restaurant_rel which is a relational table that is setup as InnoDB and both `restaurant_id` and `tag_id` are Foreign Keys relating to the corresponding columns in two other tables.

The form will be submitted with 1 restaurant_id and several tag_id’s.

In the tag_restaurant_rel table there is a record for each tag_id in the array all with the same restaurant_id from the form.

What I need to happen is for the form to be submitted and depending on the array of checkbox values the tag_restaurant_rel table will need to delete the records that are not in the array and create a new record for each tag_id in the array.

I’m mostly curious in the most efficient way to do this OOP and CI style.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.