PHP Include Help

wwwredback

Dear All,

I have just signed up to the forums so hello.

I'm a complete novice to PHP and have a question. I've written a site using PHP but am stuck, how I have written is that certain pages use INCLUDE files that pull out information from .TXT files.

The question I have is, is it possible to contain another INCLUDE link within the .TXT file?

i.e. index.php includes companyname.txt but companyname.txt only has this line of text in it:

<?php include("../includes/moreinformation.txt"); ?>

I know it is quite a weird question/request but is there a way of doing this? So basically have an include within an include although the file extensions are .TXT.

Thanks and looking forward to any help from you Pros.

Kindest regards,

James.

James.

welcome james james, is that is really your name. lol

I am pretty sure it will only work as long as any php code is in its php <?php ....?> brackets

but if someone calls up that file in the browser, they will see the php code, which wouldnt happen if the file was a .php in the first place

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.