storing <font> colors in db

dasein

I'm writing a <font color> to mysql for later retrieval but the colors don't make sense. It's posted and retrieved in PHP. If I put in <font color=\"#ff0000\">RED</font> it gets properly stored in the db (I can see it) but it gets retrieved and shows up green instead. I've tried doing the stripslashes() with addslashes(), tried <font color=\"#red\">RED</font> and <font color=\"red\">RED</font>.. no matter what config I try, I always get the word RED showing up green as if I had used <font color=\"#00ff00\">RED</font> instead (when I tried <font color=\"#00ff00\">RED</font> it shows up black. I give. What am I doing wrong? I know it's something dumb, but I can't find a similar issue with any searches. BTW, viewing the Source Code from the rendered page when it's posted shows it's properly tagged as red: color=\"#ff0000\" .Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.