PM system

jaymc

I'm about to start making a PM system for my website

Before I do, just wondering if anyone has any tips or things to concidered before creating the database structure

To put it simply, Every message sent by a user goes into the 1 table. The way a user gets their own messages is query the database for rows that match their User ID

is that the best way?

Oh. Well, im not going to allow 'carbon copying' messages for anyone..

However, I will have a mass PM for admin. Obviously it would be pointless having the same message in x amount of rows for each member

So, I was going to set the QUERY to look for all rows which have the TO field matching their username, aswell as querying for any FROM rows that contain 'admin'

In other words, the query searches for matches to their username and messages from Admin

Sound the logic?

Here is the Structure

[code]
ID
TO
FROM
DATE
ATTATCH[/code]

Any suggestions for another field I may want to include?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.