Where should I put my Include

doubledee

I have to store my Authorize.net Payment Gateway values somewhere safe.  (i.e. Outside of the Web Root)

I tried this code but my checkout page that formerly worked with local values in Test Mode is crashing.  :-[

// Include Authorize.net Values.

require_once('/var/www/vhosts/MyWebsite.com/private/auth_config.php');

I think the issue is that private maybe can't be read or included by other files?

Would using another Linux directory solve my problem?

Debbie

You could, or chmod that file so the user running apache (or your webserver) can read it.

I don't follow you...

I though this was a Directory Permissions issue...

Debbie

chmod is a *nix (linux, Unix) command for changing file and directory permissions.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chmod

I know that, but that doesn't answer my original question...

Why is my include not working?

Is this a Directory Permission issue?

A File Permission issue?

Both a Directory and File Permission issue?

Something else?

Debbie

You could, or chmod that file so the user running apache (or your webserver) can read it.

I don't follow you...

I though this was a Directory Permissions issue...

Debbie

chmod is a *nix (linux, Unix) command for changing file and directory permissions.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chmod

I know that, but that doesn't answer my original question...

Why is my include not working?

Is this a Directory Permission issue?

A File Permission issue?

Both a Directory and File Permission issue?

Something else?

Debbie

It could be anything.  Do you have shell access to your environment, or a FTP program which can modify permissions?  Running ls -l in the shell, or taking a look at the permissions in a FTP program should tell you if you have a permissions issue.

It could be anything.  Do you have shell access to your environment, or a FTP program which can modify permissions?  Running ls -l in the shell, or taking a look at the permissions in a FTP program should tell you if you have a permissions issue.

I have SSH access but don't know how to do that, so I'm hoping I can just use what I have in Plesk (i.e. choose a directory with the needed permissions).

Here is what Plesk tells me...

private

rwx --- ---

private/auth_config.php

rw- r-- r--

httpdocs

rwx r-x ---

I am thinking that private needs *Group* or *Other* READ access??  :shrug:

Or is this an issue with "auth_config.php" File Permissions?  (An Include/Require should only require a file to be READABLE, right??)

Debbie

I just commented out my Require_Once code and my Check Out form runs properly but displays the message:

Sorry! An error occurred.

If you need further assistance, please contact Customer Service

Without the Require_Once, my code had no Authorize.net keys so it couldn't submit the payment, however, my code correctly caught that and displayed an error to the Customer.

What that tells me is that the problem is my Require_Once line of code or something related to it like Permissions.

This can't be that hard to fix?!

Debbie

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.