Accepting URL encoded values

I'm a rank amatuer so be gentle...

I have a page I've created in Dreamwever MX. This page displays the entries in a mySQL table with a repeat region and it works fine. Now I want to create a link next to each entry where a user can email the creator of that record. I created a link named 'contact this user' within the repeating table to a form for composing a message.

Now I'm fumbling...

The URL I created appends '?someusername=&someusername%40gmail.com=' to that end of the URL to the contact form.

When the user reaches that form I now need the first portion of the string (username to be contacted) to be placed on the form. I also need to post method to be to send email to the second portion of the string (an email address). Is this possible?

Thanks for your time.

use $_GET variables...

let's see if I understand... you have a user named joeBob. his email is joeBob@gmail.com, and you want someone to be able to send him an email.

this is the part I (possibly) am confused about.

the appended part would look like ?joeBob=&joeBob%40gmail.com ???

if that is the case, I would suggest you have it append

?user=joeBob&email=joeBob%40gmail.com

and then get the values by using $_GET['user'] (returns joeBob) and $_GET['email'] (returns joeBob%40gmail.com)

neylitalo

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.