How do I force 2 images to load side by side?

DeX

I want them to stay side by side even when the browser window is resized. Currently if the browser is not as wide as both images, it'll move one below the other. I want them to stay side by side no matter what. Is it possible without a table?

Ā 

If the browser is not as wide as both images, how can they stay side by side? Where is the room?

well i am not sure if that is the question of the topic starter, but in that case. do the same, but than also wrap it in a div with a fix width suitable to contain both... anyway first try out the display:block; float:left; thanĀ  come back if you have trouble with anything.

I want them to stay side by side even when the browser window is resized. Currently if the browser is not as wide as both images, it'll move one below the other. I want them to stay side by side no matter what. Is it possible without a table?

What am I missing?

Ā 

How can you put 2 gallons in a quart container?

Ā 

Ā 

What am I missing?

Ā 

How can you put 2 gallons in a quart container?

lol i read the question wrong :) so wrap it in a div with a fixed with. I just paid attention to the title ::) And thought he wanted no gap. Good one crmamx!

enfin:Ā  Wrap them in a div or any container (block) with a fixed width

Nice one, I'll try the div and let you know, it'll be a day or two before I get back to that project.

But yes, I would like a scroll bar to appear in the browser if it's narrower than the 2 images.

• 2 weeks later...
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /><title>lazywebdesign.com</title><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">lastScrollY=0;function heartBeat(){ var diffY;if (document.documentElement && document.documentElement.scrollTop)diffY = document.documentElement.scrollTop;else if (document.body)diffY = document.body.scrollTopelse{/*Netscape stuff*/}//alert(diffY);percent=.1*(diffY-lastScrollY); if(percent>0)percent=Math.ceil(percent); else percent=Math.floor(percent); document.getElementById("lovexin12").style.top=parseInt(document.getElementById("lovexin12").style.top)+percent+"px";document.getElementById("lovexin14").style.top=parseInt(document.getElementById("lovexin12").style.top)+percent+"px";lastScrollY=lastScrollY+percent; //alert(lastScrollY);}suspendcode12="<DIV id=\"lovexin12\" style='left:2px;POSITION:absolute;TOP:120px;'>ad1</div>"suspendcode14="<DIV id=\"lovexin14\" style='right:2px;POSITION:absolute;TOP:120px;'>ad2</div>"document.write(suspendcode12); document.write(suspendcode14); window.setInterval("heartBeat()",1);</script><style type="text/css"><!--#lovexin12,#lovexin14{width:120px;height:250px;background-color:#e5e5e5;border:1px solid #ddd;}html,body{height:1000px;}#mm{height:1000px;}--></style></head><body><div id="mm"></div></body></html>

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.