reauthenticate user

samona

Create another form with separate SESSION variable, and populate the Username field (if there is one) with the Username set from the original form. So all they need to do is re-type in their password. That's what most sites do when you go in to edit account settings. And then you can kill the second session when they log-out of the admin panel, but they stay logged in to general area.

I dont understand very well your problem. Just check if the user in the sesion is admin or not and do that, no?

You have a bit of a security hole by doing that... If the actual user steps away from their computer, and somebody else comes along, they can click into the admin panel then without need to validate they are indeed that person.

I dont understand very well your problem. Just check if the user in the sesion is admin or not and do that, no?

You have a bit of a security hole by doing that... If the actual user steps away from their computer, and somebody else comes along, they can click into the admin panel then without need to validate they are indeed that person.

How? You are talking about a real person using the same PC after the admin?

If not, i dont understand why.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.