phpmyweb - phpMyFTP

vivendi

Hello, i would like some critics, not about my website, but about an application i made in php.
The application is called phpMyFTP, this is not really a ftp as you might guess, but its a filemanager, so its basically the same thing.
With it you can manage your files through your webbrowser. You can do things like, edit files, copy/move, upload and download files and some other things.
I would like to know what you think about the looks, and if you're going to try it out, if you can find any bugs in it. Its still a BETA so there are probably some holes in it.

Anyway, let me hear what you think abou it. Here's the link to the download page. You can also see the screenshots on that page.

[url=http://www.phpmyweb.net/downloads.html]downloads + screenshots[/url]

Hummm.... its ok. Not original - as its out there already in lots of forms.
Ideally it would want to be combined with suPHP for full user control and access to their files. Although I presume you are mostly working on a windows system where it is easier to move files etc.

I would like to see a "Features" list to see what is different with your software.

Rgds,
steve

Yeah i just noticed that im not able to remove files on a linux server. I tested it on a windows environment.
Any idea's what i can do about this?? Chmod and chown wont work, cause i get a "Operation denied" warning.... :(

I wonder how other programs like this are working, like Plesk. Its also build with php and its able to do everything...

Yes - thats one solution to the File Ownership problem on linux. However not all servers will have ftp (well I nope not for security). Normally in order to move/delete/rename files in Linux by the webserver (webserver runs as nobody), you have to have all files 777 to begin with.
As I said - suPHP is another solution (it runs as the owner of the file rather than the webserver), but similar to ftp - its a requirement of the webserver which you cannot change.

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.