Name Servers

anthonyfellows

This may not be the place to ask this question so feel free to move it if it needs to be ....

I'm attempting to host a small personal website on my comcast cable connection.  I have registered the domain name and need to add the name servers.  Will those name servers come from comcast and if so, where can I find them.  I have the DNS IP's but you can't enter those in the name server fields at godaddy.  (I registered the domain name through godaddy)

Thanks

Try using the name server IP's that Comcast gave you and do a [url=http://remote.12dt.com/]reverse DNS Lookup[/url]. Otherwise, Comcast should have given you additional nameserver info. especially for your router configuration.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.