app website

Pretty good.  A couple of suggestions:

1. Use a sans-serif font.  Serif fonts are going the way of the Dodo, and they're especially not used in mobile apps.  Pick something that will tie together the site and your apps.

2. Have the blocks in the phone change background colors on hover.  It'll add just a touch of visual interest to the overall package.

That blue header on the phone, which says "inTouch" does not match the rest of the site, its close, but not quite. if you go blue, choose a blue from the background image.

I don't think that the text in the main text area should be black, I think it would be nice if it was a blue close to the color of the blue behind the font, and add a drop shadow to it of a dark blue.

remove most the text and place it on a sub page, pick out 1 or 2 main features of the app and advertise that on the main page, with a link to more features on the sub page.

Take a look at:

- Twitter

- jQuery

- Netflix

- cakePHP

- Gmail

- ect.

If you notice, they only list a few of the features on their main page, it makes you browse the site a little more.

Thats all I can really think of. But I think it looks really good so far!

That blue header on the phone, which says "inTouch" does not match the rest of the site, its close, but not quite. if you go blue, choose a blue from the background image.

I don't think that the text in the main text area should be black, I think it would be nice if it was a blue close to the color of the blue behind the font, and add a drop shadow to it of a dark blue.

remove most the text and place it on a sub page, pick out 1 or 2 main features of the app and advertise that on the main page, with a link to more features on the sub page.

Take a look at:

- Twitter

- jQuery

- Netflix

- cakePHP

- Gmail

- ect.

If you notice, they only list a few of the features on their main page, it makes you browse the site a little more.

Thats all I can really think of. But I think it looks really good so far!

Good suggestions, I'll play with the text colors, however, the blue behind the words intouch is a specific hex color that matches the color in the app. Once i get the demo of the app and maybe some screenshots you will be able to see. Ill give this thread a little bump when that happens. I've been putting a ton of time into the app, I suppose it's about time to start working on the website again.

If any of you have ever dealt with trying to start a social networking type site, I was hoping for some advice on content that would tempt people to share it on facebook or wherever. I was thinking of making a funny flash animation (Youtube) that could possible spread like wildfire (hopefully). But thats my best idea so far.

As you know, the more people who use it the more it will snowball. The hard part is getting the ball rolling.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.