Is it Possible or just a fiction?

natasha_thomas

Folks,

I just had a thought might sound dumb but will be dumber if i dnt share.

Is it possible to ask googlebots to spider/crawl my site slowly instad of sending multiple threads to crawl my site.

By slowly i do not mean just spider one of two pages, what i mean is spider one page then another and another, so i can better manage my server resources.

I think there is something crawl delay setting or something like that can be done in robots.txt

All i am worried is, will it work against the SEO of My sites?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

NT

User-agent: googlebot

Request-rate: 1/10  # maximum rate is one page every 10 seconds.

Thanks DW.

1) Will it effect my SEO with Googlebots negatively, as i am restricting them to crawl slow?

2) Do i need to register to Webmaster tool for this to work? (Because i do not want to register my site with Google Webmaster)

Cheers

N

User-agent: googlebot

Request-rate: 1/10  # maximum rate is one page every 10 seconds.

Thanks DW.

1) Will it effect my SEO with Googlebots negatively, as i am restricting them to crawl slow?

2) Do i need to register to Webmaster tool for this to work? (Because i do not want to register my site with Google Webmaster)

Cheers

N

Just throw it in robots.txt and your done

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.